Sharing free-roaming wildlife with the Kruger National Park, the Klaserie Private Game Reserve celebrates sightings of some of South Africa’s most prized wildlife species.
Directions to Africa on Foot Camp in Klaserie Private Game Reserve
Directions to Africa on Foot Camp
By road from Johannesburg/Pretoria
- Take the N12 or N4 highway to Witbank / eMalahleni (from Johannesburg Airport, follow signs to Boksburg to find the N12).
- Follow the N4 highway past Middleburg (Toll Plaza), Belfast and Machadodorp (Toll Plaza).
- Follow the Schoemanskloof option on the N4 and then take the R36 to Lydenburg/Mashishing.
- Follow the R36 to Ohrigstad, go through the Strydom Tunnel and take the R527 to Hoedspruit.
- Turn right onto the R40 towards Klaserie, and continue along this road until you see the turning off to the left for Eastgate Airport.
- Turn left here and after 300m you will go through a control gate and then head directly for the Timbavati Game Reserve Gate.
- 17km later look out for Bush Pub on your left and Josmacs Bush Pub on your right hand side.
- In front of you now will be the new Timbavati Gate (Nkhulu Gate).
- Enter at the Timbavati Gate and drive 6.4km, with the fence line on your left hand side.
- Turn left onto the dirt road when the fence line ends.
- Drive a further 3.5km on the dirt road with a new fence line on your left hand side.
- You will come to a 4 way crossing. Turn right at this crossway.
- Drive a further 2.5km until you see a sign for “Ross” and Africa on Foot and nThambo Tree Camp.
- Turn left here and drive along the dirt road until you see the sign for Africa on Foot Camp.
- Do not get out of your car until you reach the lodge.
- You may see some wildlife on your way - if you do, slow down and maintain a good distance.
- Do not drive off-road in any circumstances.
24° 16’ 46.8”S;
31° 14’ 4.9”E
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions