Simbambili is situated in the northern sector of the world-renowned Sabi Sand Game Reserve and borders on Kruger National Park.
Simbambili Game Lodge is situated among dense stands of knobthorn and jackalberry trees along the meandering Manyeleti River in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, part of the famous Kruger National Park.
Sabi Sand Game Reserve is part of the Greater Kruger Park and has the highest density of leopard population in the world. Removed fences between the lodges and Kruger National Park allow the wildlife free movement as they once did across vast stretches of grazing land. Two major rivers running through the reserve are the Sand River and the Sabi River. They create an ecosystem with one of the highest and most varied wildlife population in Southern Africa.
Directions from Johannesburg
- The the N12 to eMalahleni (Witbank), where the N12 highway links up with the N4 highway.
- Continue with the N4 in the direction Mbombela (Nelspruit).
- Approximately 30 km past Middleburg take the R 540 to your left.
- Travel though the town of eMakhazeni (Belfast) and eMnotweni (Dullstroom) to Mashishing (Lydenburg).
- Take the R 36 (which becomes the R 527) towards Hoedspruit, passing through Ohrigstad and descending down the Able Erasmus Pass.
- Approximately 68 km past Ohrigstad take the R 531 to your right
- Continue 33 km and towards Bushbuckridge , turn left at Acornhoek and travel through Acornhoek
- Continue on road until you get to Hluvukani (33 km).
- At Hluvukani you will see the BP Garage on your right.
- Continue straight for 2.3 km on a tar road towards Manyelethi
- Turn right at the Dixie & Simbambili sign
- This is a dirt road
- Continue on this road for 6 km until you reach a T-junction
- Turn left at this T-Junction.
- You will pass the villages of Utah and Dixie. From the Utah Trading Store, which is on your right, it is about 12.2km until you reach the Gowrie Gate entrance to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
- Here you will be required to pay an entrance fee of R150.00 (per vehicle) and R30 per person.
- Please note the Gowrie Gate is only open between 5:00am (05h00) & 11:00pm (23h00).
- Turn immediately right at the Gowrie Gate, and follow the fence line to the Lodge.
- Simbambili is approximately 6km from Gowrie Gate.
Please Note : Do not go to any other gate other than Gowrie Gate as you cannot enter the reserve through any other gate to get to Simbambili.